Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Hate Mail

Remember when you were a kid at Christmas and the biggest present under the tree was for you?

You thought about it for weeks and you were so excited about it! Was it a race car? A tractor? A new bike?

And then when you opened it, it was like an ugly yellow sweater your grandma knitted for you with a stupid monkey on the front. You wanted to punch that monkey in the face.

Well, that happened to me today. Barely five days old, I got my first blog-related email from an address I didn’t recognize. And it was hate mail. Go figure.

So lets all gather around in a circle, hold hands, and let this fine young lady vent. Then we’ll break for popsicles and poor-grade hashish.

XXXXXX@XXXXX,com

You don’t know me, but I was forwarded an email through a freind that had a link to youre blog address. For some reason I looked at it and I wish I hadnt.

I don’t know you, but I really think you should be ashamed of yourself and your blog. Does it make you feel better about yourself to trash lonly people simply looking to find some companionship in their lives? So what they are different then you are. I would bet judging from your picture (if that is you prob not) that the people you post on your blog are much happier than you. You might think that your good loking but I certainly don’t and you obviously lack charcter. People looking for love is a PRIVATE matter for them and it should be kept that way PRIVATE not for you to make fun of them.
I feel sorry for your grilfriend if you have one, but you probably don’t and you certainly wont meet one now . Good luck with that, maybe you should put a perosnal ad on your own site.LOL


Private! Private?

Sorry, I was choking on a fried eel.

These ads are anything but private, you bitter, angry shrew. These ads are among the millions of personal ads posted on public boards throughout the internet. You may not have seen them what with all the time you spend reading Good Housekeeping.

I appreciate your opinion, but I will continue to write this fascinating viewpoint into the psyche of the American male, and you can continue to save otters from tuna nets.

And the thought that I may use this blog to meet women is preposterous. Absolutely preposterous.

By the way, all single women can email me at weaselworden@yahoo.com.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Is this hate mailer serious? C'mon gal---PRIVATE????...these people are putting themselves out in the open PUBLIC domain online naked draped in mink scarves even Davey Crockett would be jeolous of! Did you bother to read their personal marketing points? WOW!!You seriously think these "folks" are 'lonly' and searching for 'companionship'??? Love is PRIVATE.....you know--you have something there!! It is private..so why all this PUBLIC hairy penis/belly shenanigans?? You know why..cuz they are friggin CRAZY or NUTS..take your pick! Maybe I'm wrong and they just need a 'lick' SCARY!! Look--if it was private it wouldn't be public. Personally--I'm not sure if I should laugh or get better locks.

Weasel said...

Get locks. Schlage makes great ones, and they have coupons for them in the Sunday paper. The same paper where I get 10% off coupons at The Yarn Barn for my Tuesday quilting classes.

Em in SF said...

Sorry to comment on such an old post, but I am a new reader.

I'm female and I think you're doing the world a service here! Personally, you're providing much needed workday hilarity. To the men-folk, damn, I hope at least a few are inspired to rethink their ads.

Don't listen to that pathetic slag! She's just afraid you'll endanger her (his?) easy pickins.

Em in SF said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SkyHawkDepartin said...

I'm new to the site too, so I'm not even sure if this post will be read considering the time it was originally posted. However, I never really understood why people send hate mail to bloggers, if they don't like what they're reading there's a little "x" button at the top of the page, click it and voila, omg, it's gone! no fucking way. Anyway, I'm sure the writer of this blog does have a girlfriend because he's funny, honest, and despite the complaints about the tons of gross pictures he gets, obviously seems to like this job to some extent which is more than most people can say. So, to all of you who don't like what you read on the internet, just as certain things are appealing to the men who post personal ads, those men who are into scat, golden showers, D&D and what have you, the women who are not interested ignore it. They don't send them mail that says 'stop posting your personal ads, it's wrong', no the women who are not interested ignore those ads. Similarly, show some maturity which you seem to be claiming you have in that you are telling off our blogger, and close the tab. nobody forced you to read this.

doctressjulia said...

Ha, ha, yeah... private. XD

PB said...

Punch that monkey- he's a dick.